MRS. MARGARET WILSON
Founder of St. Columba School (Principal – 1832 to 1836)
Mrs. Magaret Wilson, wife of Dr. John Wilson, a missionary from Scotland started St. Columba School in Girgaum with just 5 girl students in 1832.
Mrs. Margaret Wilson wrote in ‘Darpan’, a contemporary Marathi newspaper that education of girls is of great importance as it respects the moral and intellectual progress of our country.
St. Columba (A.D. 521-597) was a saint from Scotland.